Biz Family Top Ten List 2008
10. Ella begins middle school. Ella is now off in Richmond for Middle school. She’s added a 30 minute bus ride to her morning, is playing the clarinet, and joined Odyssey of the Mind. She is beloved by her teachers and has made all sorts of new Richmond “city” friends!
9. Q-ball learns to read as a first grader -always amazing to Mom to watch the process work when a child’s brain is wired for reading. Q-ball is taking after his big sister and reading up a storm. Don’t worry though, Mommy still has loads of other kids to work with!
8. The whole Famdamily Clan met up in Santa Barbara last Christmas, with John hosting the shebang. We got to meet Finn, hang out with cousins Max, Griffin and Ally, all the uncles, aunts and Grandma Hannah. Santa gave everyone a day pass to Disneyland!! If you’re going to stand in line for hours, might as well have fun with cousins!!
7. In May, Gramdad Ethan turned 80, with no shortage of celebrating. The whole Biz family ushered in the new decade for Gramdad.
6. Ella adds downhill skiing to her sporting repertoire. After years of mom asking, she finally said yes to the Learn to Ski Program through the school. Vermont was blessed with multiple Wednesday night snow storms, so skiing on Thursdays was “Powder Heaven”. Ella took lessons each week and by the end of her second lesson, she skied a Black Diamond with her instructor!
5. Soggy summer in VT kept Q-ball in the mud, rivers and streams. Here he is demonstrating his new age past life regression, mud therapy. Now we just need to market it!
4. Mom is lured in by the title of Chief. Turns out the nomenclature is the best thing going as she begins her second career as the Chief Negotiator for the NEA teachers’ union.
3. Dad continues to stay gainfully self-employed. The economy is a bit dicey but people are still doing projects and Dad is working as much as he can. He’s almost made enough money to pay off the cool new self dumping trailer he purchased!
2. We got to meet a new Doctor, the orthopedist! Ella, after many months of casts, splints and x-rays, was finally diagnosed with a calcaneal cuboid ligament disruption. Just as she was healing, Q-ball decided to break his pinky finger so he too could meet the doctor (the schedulers figured it out and did a double appointment, probably just before reporting Dad and Mom to the Department of Children and Families).
1. We’re staying in the U S of A (sung to the tune of YMCA). Obama is in the White House! We were so proud to watch the “itty bitty” State of Vermont throw Obama his first blue state.
May the Blessing of the Season be with each of you. Happy New Year! Here’s to 2009!!